Contender Boats is seeking an Upholstery Supervisor that will be responsible for will provide effective leadership, support, and assistance to assigned team members in the fabrication of the cushions and tops for our boats according to specifications and approved standards and procedures. The focus of this position centers around the careful, deliberate, imaginative, and serious undertaking of defined work.
- Trains and manages department employees.
- Oversees the daily workflow and assignments of the lamination departments.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Prioritizes daily activities and team assignments based on production schedule.
- Recognizes and troubleshoots problems and ensures that all materials are available to support upholstery production.
- Ensures all work is performed according to applicable regulatory requirements, customer specifications, and established quality standards and procedures and notifies appropriate personnel.
- Trains and motivates team members to be proficient in all work assignments.
- Prepares work schedules to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintains knowledge of processes and equipment.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise.
- Notifies maintenance department of equipment problems.
- Ensures that employees comply with applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete work orders and reports.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Boat manufacturing and upholstery experience required.
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Thursday (some Fridays)
- 10-hour shift
Ft. Pierce, FL
About Contender Boats:
Contender Boats has been building premier offshore sportfishing boats for over 35 years. With center console and cabin models ranging from 22 to 44 ft, Contender leads the industry in innovation, performance, and quality. With manufacturing facilities in Homestead and Ft. Pierce, FL, Contender is a rapidly growing company with great potential for hard working candidates.