After 35 years, Contender Boats debuts their largest, most anticipated boat to date, the 44ST. With a beam of twelve feet, length of 44 feet, 600 gallons of fuel capacity, and a 2,000 max HP rating, the boat is certain to deliver on the promise of “performance through innovation.” Powered with triple or quad engine configurations, the boat excels in speed, performance, and reliability.
44 feet of full tilt, wave cutting, chest pounding, bad boy boat to get you to where you want to go before everyone else gets there.
From kite fishing for sailfish in south Florida, to the long tuna runs in the Atlantic Canyons…
…with a Contender, You’re Always in the Game.
44ST Model Options Gallery
Not just a competitor…
Hand Built in the USA.
The Contender 44ST is hand built in Homestead, FL with a variety of fishing and boating options to create the boat that fits your offshore lifestyle.
Built to Order.
Every Contender is hand laid fiberglass with an attention to detail in hull ride that keeps captains and customers coming back with new developments to further their boating game. The build process is not an automated assembly line that offers no options. Our model options make ever boat unique with the personality and style to make it your own.
Built for the Blue Water.
Built for speed, range, and finding big fish in blue water. The 44ST is built for Adventure.
**44ST featured in video
A Boat Built for YOU.
- LOA: 43′ 10″
- Beam: 12′
- Draft: 27″
- Weight**: 22,300 lbs. (**ready to fish)
- Fuel: 600 gals.
- Water: 70 gals.
- Deadrise: 22.7 °
- Max HP: 2,000 HP
- Choice of Hull & Deck Gel Coat Colors
- Oversized Electronics Panel
- Lockable Storage Inside Console
- Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Hardware
- Non-Skid Cockpit Sole & Deck
- Heavy Duty Rub Rail
- Custom Hand-Painted Boot & Pin Stripe w/Choice of Colors
- International Lighting
- Dual Hydraulic Steering w/Power Assist Pump
- Trim Tabs (Recessed)
- Waterproof Switches & Breaker Panel w/Indicator Lights
- 2000 GPH Auto/Manual Bilge Pump
- High Speed Compass
- Forward Anchor Locker w/Storage
- 70 Gallon Water Capacity
- 340 Gallon Forward Fish Box
- 315 Gallon Forward Storage
- (2) 10′ Rod Lockers
- (2) 110 Gallon Aft Fish Boxes
- (2) 55 Gallon Transom Live wells
- 8″ Pop-Up Cleat
- Heavy Duty Bow Lifting Ring in Floor Peak Locker
- (2) Heavy Duty Stern Lifting Rings
- (2) 10″ Stern Cleats
- (2) 8″ Cleats w/Hause Pipes – Midship
- (4) Flush Mount Gunnel Rod Holders
- Custom Aluminum Recessed Bow Handrail
Nothing Feels Like a Contender
Powered by triple Yamaha XTO 425 engines, the 44ST is the culmination of “performance through innovation”.
With a standard 600-gallon fuel tank capacity, you’ll never be limited by range.
Full navigation packages available from Garmin Marine Electronics.
The Hull that rides like no other.
Captains up and down the sea board, and across the world take a Contender to sea on a regular basis.
Sea-tested, Captain approved.
The Game Changer
The 44ST is a Game Changer. Equipped with enough speed, performance, and fishability to keep up with the big boys in tournaments throughout the world, the 44ST is the culmination of applied fishing and boating experience to create a machine built for those who love to win. Tournament fishing, or touring the islands, the Contender 44 is guaranteed to turn heads.
With a Contender, You’re Always in the Game.