Offshore Sport Fishing Machine
39 Feet of adrenaline pumping, wave jumping, heart pounding, chest thumping center console created for range to get the grounds where less get to go, and speed so you have more time to locate those elusive target species.
The 39 ST custom options are available to make your fishing boat your own. Design your boat’s electronics and console, rod holder placement, outrigger type, and other custom choices to create your fisherman’s dream machine.
From kite fishing for sailfish in south Florida, to the long tuna runs in the Atlantic Canyons…
…with a Contender, You’re Always in the Game.
Not just a competitor…
Built to Order.
An Offshore Sport Fishing Machine.
Built for the Blue Water.
The Contender 39ST is hand built in Homestead, FL with a variety of fishing and boating options to create the boat that fits your offshore lifestyle.
39ST Model Options Gallery
Tournament Fishing Boat
- LOA: 39′
- Beam: 10’10”
- Draft: 24″
- Weight: 15,400 lbs. (loaded)
- Fuel: 500 gals.
- Deadrise: 24.5 degrees
- Max HP: 1,600 HP
- Forward Anchor Locker w/Storage
- 260 Gal. Fully Lined & Insulated Forward Fish Box
- 145 Gal. Fully Lined & Insulated Forward Fish Box
- (2) 105 Gal. Fully Lined & Insulated Aft Fish Boxes (Port & Starboard)
- (2) 40 Gal. Transom Live wells
- 8″ Pop-Up Cleat
- Heavy Duty Bow Lifting Ring in Floor Peak Locker
- (2) Heavy Duty Stern Lifting Rings
- (2) 10″ Stern Cleats
- (2) 8″ Cleats w/Hause Pipes – Midship
- (4) Flush Mount Gunnel Rod Holders
- Custom Aluminum Recessed Bow Handrail
- Bilge Liner
- Extra Large Walk-in Console
- Fully Lined and Finished W/Head Compartment
- Oversized Electronics Panel
- Molded in Front Console Seat
- Lockable Storage Inside Console
- Custom Helm Pod
- Chrome on Bronze or Stainless Steel Hardware
- Non-Skid Cockpit Sole & Deck
- Heavy Duty Rub Rail
- Choice of Hull & Deck Gel Coat Colors
- Custom Hand-Painted Boot & Pin Stripe w/Choice of Colors
- International Lighting
- Recessed Pop-up Bow Light
- Dual Hydraulic Steering w/Power Assist Pump
- Kiekaffer Trim Tabs (Recessed)
- Waterproof Switches & Breaker Panel w/Indicator Lights
- 2000 GPH Auto/Manual Bilge Pump
- High Speed Compass
The Crown Jewel of the Contender South Florida Fishing Fleet. This 39′ stepped hull has fought seas, and caught fish up and down the Atlantic coast. Contender One is rigged to fish with a second station hard top stand-on tower, extra live wells in the deck floor and bow, and rod holders throughout. Built with a custom tackle station, and other fishing amenities for kite fishing 7 or more lines at a time with maximum efficiency. The boat was built to fish, and built to win. With a Contender, You’re Always in the Game.
A CAPTAIN’S HELM
Powered by triple Yamaha 350hp engines, the Contender 39ST is a rocket ship on water.
With a standard 500-gallon fuel tank capacity, you’re boundaries won’t be limited by range.
Get there fast, get there dry, get in the game.
A CAPTAIN’S TOWER
Custom fishing towers built to sight fish, or spot birds for miles. Get above the water, and spot the bite finding fish by sight from above. Complete second station setups to keep you informed of position and other important information. The captain’s view from the tower is critical in directing championship crews and always staying at the helm. Once you’ve been in one, you’ll see the distinct competitive advantage of a captain level crows nest, and why Contenders are built for offshore fishing performance.
ALWAYS IN THE GAME
The tower calls you early in the morning. You know the winds will be howling, but that means the fish will be biting. You’re rigged, prepared, and ready to fish with a great crew. Stay in the game with fishability, reliability, and attention to detail on your side. You’re always in the game with a Contender.
Hull & Deck
- Hand-Laid Fiberglass Throughout High Tech Construction Using
- Multi-Directional Fabric & Foam Cored Glass Stringer System
- Foam Floatation
- Integral Dive Platform, Full Transom & Transom Door
- Self-Bailing Cockpit
- Non-Skid Cockpit Sole & Deck
- Heavy Duty Rub Rail
- Choice of Hull & Deck Gelcoat Colors
- Hand-Painted Boot & Pin Stripe
RIGGED TO FISH
Unlike some mass production boat builders, we at Contender pride ourselves on keeping this experience personal. Your Contender is made for you, with you in mind. You will team up with the finest craftsmen in a hands-on boat building process. You choose whether to customize each component of the vessel‚ from the hull size and power option to the electronics package, livewell rigging, down to the type of stitching on your upholstery, and more.
While anyone can be unexpectedly fortunate on a day out on the water, here at Contender, we’re smarter than that. We know that the boat matters, and that’s why more tournaments are won on Contender than any other boat brand. To own a Contender is to own the best sport fishing boat on the market. Period.
Nothing Feels Like a Contender
When the clock is ticking, and there’s money on the line, you can only trust the proven. When you have to get there fast, the ride matters. Nothing goes to sea like a Contender. The hull cuts the waves like it was built to battle blue water, and fears no head wind gusts, or following seas. Don’t fear the forecast. Leave the fair weather friends at home, and find the fish, ripping through the water powered by the speed and reliability only a Yamaha can provide. This boat rides like no other. Customized with custom fishing options, outriggers, plenty of cooler and fish box space, it is built for the most successful of fisherman to bring home their bounty in style.