Contender Boats is currently seeking Lamination Technicians for the new Ft. Pierce, FL location. Lamination Technicians work as part of a team effort with the responsibility to laminate layers of fiberglass on molds to form boat decks, hulls, and small/large parts.
- Inspect, clean, and assembly molds before beginning to work.
- Mask off molds areas not to be laminated.
- Spray chopped fiberglass, resins, and catalysts into prepared molds.
- Mix catalysts into resin, and saturate fiberglass with mixtures, using brushes.
- Release air bubbles and smooth seams, using rollers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal work order instructions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use ladders and stairs to access boats.
- Ability to work in an open air and covered non-climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to work in dusty environment and follow PPE guidelines including use of eye protection, gloves and respirators as required.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines to meet shipment schedules.
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Thursday (some Fridays)
- 10-hour shift
Ft. Pierce, FL
About Contender Boats:
Contender Boats has been building premier offshore sportfishing boats for over 35 years. With center console and cabin models ranging from 22 to 44 ft, Contender leads the industry in innovation, performance, and quality. With manufacturing facilities in Homestead and Ft. Pierce, FL, Contender is a rapidly growing company with great potential for hard working candidates.