Contender Boats is currently seeking Assembly Technicians for the new Ft. Pierce, FL location. Assembly Technicians work as part of a team effort with the responsibility of assembling all components for our boats.
- Install parts- pumps, fuel tanks, motors, consoles, lids, hard tops, upholstery, electrical harnesses.
- Build/assemble the following- consoles, hard tops, leaning post, footrest, T-tops, harnesses, hose kits and battery cables.
- Must be able to follow all safety rules and hazardous material guidelines.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to use hand tools, electric tools, and pneumatic tools including drills, saws, and grinders.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal work order instructions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use ladders and stairs to access boats.
- Ability to work in an open air and covered non-climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to work in dusty environment and follow PPE guidelines including use of eye protection, gloves and respirators as required.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines to meet shipment schedules.
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Thursday (some Fridays)
- 10-hour shift
Ft. Pierce, FL
About Contender Boats:
Contender Boats has been building premier offshore sportfishing boats for over 35 years. With center console and cabin models ranging from 22 to 44 ft, Contender leads the industry in innovation, performance, and quality. With manufacturing facilities in Homestead and Ft. Pierce, FL, Contender is a rapidly growing company with great potential for hard working candidates.