Tooling/Mold Maintenance Technician
Contender Boats is seeking a Tooling Technician that will be responsible for the maintenance on molds, identifying the molds, and repairing molds when needed. The role requires working closely with production as well as engineering.
- Building tool molds to specifications.
- Performs timely preventative maintenance on molds.
- Executes production runs; conducts quality control testing before mold enters production cycle
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to use hand tools, electric tools, and pneumatic tools including drills, saws, and grinders.
- Ability to read a tape measurer.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal work order instructions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use ladders and stairs to access boats.
- Ability to work in an open air and covered non-climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to work in dusty environment and follow PPE guidelines including use of eye protection, gloves and respirators as required.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Boat manufacturing and mold building experience required.
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Thursday (some Fridays)
- 10-hour shift
Ft. Pierce, FL
About Contender Boats:
Contender Boats has been building premier offshore sportfishing boats for over 35 years. With center console and cabin models ranging from 22 to 44 ft, Contender leads the industry in innovation, performance, and quality. With manufacturing facilities in Homestead and Ft. Pierce, FL, Contender is a rapidly growing company with great potential for hard working candidates.