Marine Electrical Specialist
Contender Boats is seeking a Marine Electrical Specialist for our Fort Pierce, FL location. This position will be responsible for the design, assembly, and installation of the electronics and wire harnesses for our boats. Also, the console wiring and marine electronic installations.
- ABYC Electrical Certification within 6 months.
- Assembly and knowledge of electronics/electrical parts and electronic control systems in the consoles.
- Responsible for wiring the consoles.
- Installs various electronics, such as GPS, fish finders, transducers, radars, stereo systems, and more.
- Reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Ability to design and assemble electronic wire harnesses for each boat model.
- Ability to install fixtures, wiring, and equipment for service.
- Ability to troubleshoot controls, remote switching, and marine electrical systems.
- Ability to use hand tools, measuring tools, and crimping tools.
- Knowledge of AC/DC systems.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to wear proper safety equipment when necessary.
- Must be able to lift 10-50 pounds may be required when necessary.
- Pre-employment drug screening required
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Boat manufacturing a plus.
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Thursday (some Fridays)
- 10-hour shift
Ft. Pierce, FL
About Contender Boats:
Contender Boats has been building premier offshore sportfishing boats for over 35 years. With center console and cabin models ranging from 22 to 44 ft, Contender leads the industry in innovation, performance, and quality. With manufacturing facilities in Homestead and Ft. Pierce, FL, Contender is a rapidly growing company with great potential for hard working candidates.