Contender Boats is looking for Infusion Technicians to join our Fort Pierce, FL location. This position is responsible for producing the hulls, decks and other parts using the infusion process with fiberglass and other materials.
- Working with fiberglass, resin, and other materials, building decks and hulls.
- Inspect, clean, and assemble molds before beginning work.
- Tape off mold areas which are not to be laminated, using cellophane, wax paper, masking tape, or special sprays containing mold-release substances.
- Mix catalysts into resins, and saturate cloth and mats with mixtures using brushes.
- Install vacuums and feed lines.
- Properly bag parts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with closed mold processes, including light resin transfer molding (LRTM) and vacuum infusion.
- Boat manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal work order instructions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in an open air and covered non-climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to work in dusty environment and follow PPE guidelines including use of eye protection, gloves and respirators as required.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines to meet shipment schedules.
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Thursday (some Fridays)
- 10-hour shift
Ft. Pierce, FL
About Contender Boats:
Contender Boats has been building premier offshore sportfishing boats for over 35 years. With center console and cabin models ranging from 22 to 44 ft, Contender leads the industry in innovation, performance, and quality. With manufacturing facilities in Homestead and Ft. Pierce, FL, Contender is a rapidly growing company with great potential for hard working candidates.